Free Legends of Norrath cards vs. Purchased

Moderator: Officers

Tenam

Free Legends of Norrath cards vs. Purchased

Post by Tenam »

Has anyone actually purchased any of the Legends of Norrath cards? I have been getting the five free packs thing each month on both of my accounts, and just for the first time in (guestimating) about 4 months.... and that's between both of my accounts. 1 loot card for 40 packs is extremely crappy. I can understand them not wanting to give away loot cards for free as incentive for people to buy them, though.

However, what I'm wondering is, is this the case? Is there a different chance to get loot cards if I buy Legends of Norrath cards? Because the chance for a loot card is pretty much the only reason I would buy them. There's no way I'm going to buy 40 packs, though, just to get one loot card. I do like the game (LoN) somewhat, but have pretty much given it up since that stupid Avatar of War scenario which I cannot beat, and which irritates me to no end...
Durus

Post by Durus »

Pretty sure its random as hell, I've purchased craploads and no luck on things I actually want or no luck even getting anything. Sometimes you get more then you expected.
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Dont buy them - they are the devil. The return on bought packs is exactly the same as the free packs.

In the beginning you could get packs form in game and then trade items like any economy in the trades area. I "farmed" a lot of items looking for good deals and trading them for better deals.

You can still do something similar from scratch - with the ingame dropped cards (rather than packets) trading these if you can find the trades for unopened packets which are a currency in the game.
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Far as I can tell, you only get free packs from the most recent expansion?

The loot items from those are mostly crap. If you buy packs, you can decide which expansion you want them from.