Remember when :)

Moderator: Officers

Aedryen

Post by Aedryen »

I remember ragefire watch.......
Dear god the pain.....I remember those nights...and days and nights....all blurred into one after a while

I also remember in 2000 my wife going to a conference ...mate coming over and us playing for 4 days striaght, only pausing to take my son to school....and pick him up :P god he loved those four days....pizza and games + TV. I was the best dad ever !
Aedryen -The Everdying Druid
Civin - The Purple Bard
Nevyen - No-one...

Retired: Fladora, Healior
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Stormfeather camp.....
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"
Arrowmiss

Post by Arrowmiss »

/hears Grandpa Simpson voicing every post in this.
Giustin

Post by Giustin »

Jarinu wrote:Stormfeather camp.....
Pained Soul :x

varutia

Post by varutia »

I have had pretty decent luck at most of camping I done in EQ. The exception so far is probably the damn mech guardian, spend fairly significant time in there during the last few month and I still have not got either the ac aug or the shrink toy. Maybe I need to con a SK to come and slaughter 50-60 mobs at once for me in there. Zonewide rares are annoying as hell to try to get.
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

varutia wrote:I have had pretty decent luck at most of camping I done in EQ. The exception so far is probably the damn mech guardian, spend fairly significant time in there during the last few month and I still have not got either the ac aug or the shrink toy. Maybe I need to con a SK to come and slaughter 50-60 mobs at once for me in there. Zonewide rares are annoying as hell to try to get.
I use the Earring of Diminutiveness it's from a DoDH mission and I got it on the first pass through.
Tenam

Post by Tenam »

I remember when I once skipped a family get together because there was a Nagafen raid getting together, and I was playing a Paladin, and really badly needed the torn, burnt book. I had been staying right at 52 for the purpose of getting those dragons. My family got back 3-4 hours later, all laughing and happy. They had great food, and enjoyed the company. I stayed home and wiped to a dragon multiple times, and never did end up winning.

I remember when I made a monk that I twinked like mad, and went in with potions and a cleric merc and "moloed" the same dragon, as well as Vox, and made the "Book of Scale" that I gave to my new Paladin alt on the new server.

Kind of strange how that goes in EQ.
Kiizze

Post by Kiizze »

Running from Qeynos to Freeport at level newbie wizard on Rallos Zek, being ganked by other players, being charmed or blinded by other players, being ganked by mobs, getting lost (a lot) camping Ancient Cyclops for 45 hours straight, and it still didnt drop anything; desperatly wanting to level so I could go to Guk with my friends and sit in the spa..dying ( a lot); so many damn good memories - I still really love this game, but I don't miss PvP, but I love Wreckers

Freiya Wizard; Kaminie Enchanter; Nekikami (for a while) Druid; Freyjax Druid;Ballinor Warrior; Kiizze Cleric; Hardoorf Warrior; Sasseie Paladin; Lianni Mage;
tavrah

Post by tavrah »

Ragefire ! OMG I hated that watch ! Bored half to death .. finally get him to spawn and some bigger guild would zone in and take him from us. Took me nearly 3 weeks to get him almost gave up ! Finally Thott come in with his guild and killed him for me :) Nice to have friends :)

LOL then I was looking at the server choices one day and asked my son ... can I make a toon on another server? He said " mom, you can have one on every server if you want. Closed my eyes, went up and down the servers with the mouse and clicked on Cazic Thule .. Zeppy was born that day ... Name is Tavrah now simply cause Zeppy was taken on Saryrn and I wasn't having a damned X put behind my name. Tavrah is a combination of my 2 eldest grand daughter's names :)

Anyway, Ragefire the second time round was quick and painless :) Even getting the shards were :) 2 necro friends and a chanter and wizard friends come pulled most the zone for me :) All I had to do was pretty much just loot the 4 I needed :) some little lvl 50 something cleric zoned in and we hollared at her to come clean up the mess and she got her shards that day too :) I remember how happy she was we let her have all the loot. Things rocked that day, we took her off to start her epic, Bergurgle was even up and co-operated but omg her swimming sucked lol we had him dead it seemed like half hour before she got to us. Was only a few minutes but seemed like hours.

Did that epic twice for my 2 clerics, both of which are on this server Niteingale made it to lvl 62 and I made Tavrah and haven't logged in Nite since ... b'sides I really screwed up with her to begin with .. made her a highelf ... screwed up with Tav too shoulda made her a gnome !
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

race change pots ftw?

my ragefire was a ganking of the first spawn since it hit rotation. I'm sorry .. you aren't engaging that dragon with one person in the middle of your night, we have a raidforce here. :)

so if you're going to kill it, engage...or we will. you have 15 seconds to comply hehe
Creac

Post by Creac »

I remember getting a phone call at 3am to help a Southern Armada cleric with Ragefire. All across Australia, phones rang and people logged in on a week night. I even MSNed an American friend who had just gone to sleep.

Raid force was ready to engage 15 minutes later for a win :-)

"But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Nekrha

Post by Nekrha »

The run through Kith Forest.

Never at night. Never ever, lol.

Going from one continent to another, taking nearly an hour and hoping not to die before you could bind safely before continuing.

Travelling WAS an adventure back then!
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Back when boat trips were hit and miss. Sometimes the boat would zone through before you and you'd wind up having to swim like mad through shark infested waters praying not to die.

I remember Kith too. That shit was bad ass. Never ever at night. You'd zone in and just sit there waiting until the sun came out.
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

yeah either the boat would dump you or the cyclops which was trained onto the boat path would kill you :)
Zamkan

Post by Zamkan »

I remember when I started back in 1999. My first char was a gnome enchanter. At about level 6 I died in Steamfont and someone asked me to /consent them so that they could loot my corpse (back then /consent let you loot the items on the corpse to give them back to the owner). The person that I consented then proceeded to loot and scoot with my items! I was so angry that I stopped playing for a couple of weeks and then made a new toon :P
varutia

Post by varutia »

I was a big time MUD player back in the days and then EQ came out, I was like wow. Sufficient to say after starting on EQ I never went back to MUD again. Nekrha got it right about early traveling in EQ was like adventure, I know I remember my first sunrise over plains of Karana and my first ill fated attempt to run through Kith forest during the night.
Creac

Post by Creac »

Kith was no problem to begin with, but I sure remember the terror it caused when it was changed :-)

I always just ran the walls of Kith - never had a problem, but you had to never, ever stop :-)

"But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Eland

Post by Eland »

Level 7, man those were the days. Running through Commonlands... Griffons... What griffons? Who is that dark elf running towards me, does he want to be my friend? Getting through Kith, first time at night and getting charmed on the wall,take two...three...four.. Then dodging through orc and gnolls to zone into EC... Then running straight over the cliff, falling and thinking this isn't right...

Eland
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

hehe eland. yeah was funny watching the chanter who was running with us to halas fall off the ledge of the cliff :)
budhha blessem

Post by budhha blessem »

dont punch the necro poster!
thread cracked me up, got me remembering the old days. had to post a few. like...

falling in the hole on the first floor of dalnir(i think it was dalnir, been awhile) to my death at low level, then trying to rally my buds to fight to the bottom of the zone to find my lost corpse!

trying to find my way from cabilis to lake of ill omen to buy some crappy rusty sword from some guy for 2gold. never got the sword but managed to lose about 10 corpses trying to get there!

prenerf circlet of shadows (thanks pal)

but my favorites were all the duels. damn to i remember some funny duels.

fding the zone onto that group who just moved in on your solo grind spot

tangrin rampaging f.o.b. and seeing the corpses or poor noobs all over the place.

good times
budhha blessem

Post by budhha blessem »

dropping a dot on someone right before they die in a duel and listening to the rage when they de-level and have to corpse run back

leveling up, switching out spells then diing and de-leveling and losing the spells. then repeating the process 10 times before you have enough exp to lock down the new level!

killing goblins in nu'roga for 3 months to get enough faction

fear kiting!

100 man raids

amulet of necropotency or something like that

dead man floating

wtb c3 and aegolism! damn i died. wtb c3 and aegolism again!

farming mistmoore castle for a year to get a low level crappy shield just for the red skeleton graphic!
Covou

Post by Covou »

running behind the throne room in Crushbone going "hmm wonder what's up here" and being surprise butt fucked by a royal guard !
budhha blessem

Post by budhha blessem »

haha good ol guards. was a iksar pretty much every damn faction of guards shanked me at least more then a few times.

what about throwing a pile of gold on the side of the mountain in commonlands in your secret hidden spot so you can transfer it to another toon...then logging in and seeing some lvl 4 guy running down the mountain shouting im rich!!!
Melodionxxx

Things I remember

Post by Melodionxxx »

In rough chronological order:

Killing Queen Klicnik, my first solo name! /flex

Curse you Holly Windstalker, the bear started it!

Falling into the pit in Blackburrow at level 10. Never been that deep in Blackburrow, sneaking and training my way out, and living! *airpunch*

Drunken Kelethin racing

My first SBS, Dwarven Axe combo

Curse you Bugglegup! One day I will have my revenge.

Orc lift guard, you saved me AGAIN!

Feeling like a l33t plat farmer after discovering wisp island.

Ran Flamespinner, you saved me again!

My first successful Kith run at night on my ranger *air punch*

One time at bandit camp; 'Curse you a werewolf with your glowing yellow eyes, I will have my revenge!'

Mistmoore trains... oh man

6 hour CR run in Fear, entire guild equipped in mage summoned gear.

Breaking into Hate, those quiet moments when you first zone in before the first train arrives and the trial of attrition starts. Never did get my Revultant Whip >.<

36 hour non-stop at SolB Window, made maybe a blue of exp. People bitch about exp these days...

Drooling over Plainswalkers gear as he stood there in full Thorny Vine and dual Yaks.

Melodion shouts 'GOON TO LEDGE!'

Looting an empty unrezzed corpse on my ranger in Karnors, being stuck there cos if I stood up corpse would poof and all that exp is lost. Drolvarg whacks me and up I stand. Weeks of exp down the drain.

FFS!!! TRAIN TO THE FUCKIN RIGHT!!!!

First time zoning into PoTime with Wreckers. *air punch for about an hour solid*

Speeds tells you 'I hear you're looking for gnome mask, I'm leaving game so you can have mine, come to baz and it's yours for free'

Melodionxxx loots 'Desiccated Halfling Mask'
Never again Chardok, never again!

The time I convinced a guild druid that Rangers had a rez but it required a fire beetle eye...

many others...

MeloxXx
Jarinu

Post by Jarinu »

Nice work Melo - thats a good list.
"Looks like Maz was right.. - Thoraf"
"Looks like Maz was right.. There can add me to your sig! - Kofn"
"*sigh* 'the maz is right' strikes again! - Zurt"
"Have you noticed that nobody who thinks 'Maz is right' still plays? - Melo"
"Now Melo doesn't play! Cursed! - Fny"