How do I transfer a toon from one account to another?

Moderator: Officers

Tenam

How do I transfer a toon from one account to another?

Post by Tenam »

I was trying to figure out how to do this now. I had done it once before, and was thinking of getting a new account up and going for one of my toons, but I didn't want to start over from scratch. I looked in the marketplace, and the potion you can buy will transfer servers only, and specifically says that it won't transfer from one account to another. I then tried googling it, and couldn't find any links to anything of the sort. Logging in to eqplayers.com and going to character services only brings up their super janky Allakhazam.com ripoff thing. Any ideas how to transfer a toon to a different account these days?
Chunk

Post by Chunk »

transfer token from SC and a petition
Tenam

Post by Tenam »

Guaranteed to work? I don't want to just be out $25. :P
Chunk

Post by Chunk »

Petition it first, but basically you have to prove you own both accounts (same credit card paying for both is usually good enough).
Tenam

Post by Tenam »

Actually, I may wait a bit. Now that I think of it, I could pay a monthly subscription and transfer, but I would need to buy HoT again. I can swing $40, but not $80 at the moment.
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

It's a lot more than same credit card.

First the name needs to be exactly the same for both. Same address and ZIP etc helps too.

Secondly the new account needs to have exactly the same expansions enabled or higher.

If all of those conditions are met you can simply login on the first account use the rapid transfer and then logout and into the new one.
Artreth

Post by Artreth »

Lemme know how you get on Tenam ...

I been thinking of xferring art or sezexk to another acct so I can box dru, wiz, war, and any other toon I can get my hands on =P.
Tenam

Post by Tenam »

Saburo wrote: If all of those conditions are met you can simply login on the first account use the rapid transfer and then logout and into the new one.
I think all those conditions are met. I can check the account info to be sure. But what do you mean by rapid transfer? It's possible that's just down due to maintenance, but I couldn't find anything at all about transferring a character outside of the marketplace potion thing.
Giustin

Post by Giustin »

Just remember that in transfering a toon to a new account you lose all veteran awards, loyalty points and anything else that is linked to subscription time. Even if the toon is 10 years old, it is treated as a brand new account.
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Giustin wrote:Just remember that in transfering a toon to a new account you lose all veteran awards, loyalty points and anything else that is linked to subscription time. Even if the toon is 10 years old, it is treated as a brand new account.
The way around that is to buy one of the numerous accounts that have Veteran Rewards. I picked one up last year with all Veterans enabled (at that time), what made it tantalisingly good was that they had managed to get the account activated without a name so I just popped my own details into it and transferred an alt across. There are lots of these blank Vet accounts floating around, just don't get tricked into paying too much.
Tenam

Post by Tenam »

I finally found it in their database thing, although it didn't come up when I searched. It was a few clicks deep into related links.

How to do it

In case the link doesn't work for some reason, here's what it says:
You may transfer a character to another server on the same account by purchasing a Character Transfer Token from the Marketplace in-game. Transfers from account to account, however, are only available on our website.

Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing difficulties with our character transfer site, so account-to-account transfers must be handled manually. If you wish to transfer a character to another account, you will need to first purchase a Character Transfer Token in the Marketplace, and then contact Customer Support Department, via /petition, for further assistance.

In your petition, please include the following information:

The last four digits of any Credit Cards that appear in the history of the account(s) involved:
Card Holders name(s):
Answer to your account's Security Question (ENTER QUESTION HERE):
Station Username:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Current Server:
Destination Server (if applicable):
Number of Characters:
Character Names:
Transferring to a Different account:
Name of Second Account:
Transferring with items? :
TOTAL (Please refer to our Knowledge Base for current prices):

This information is required. If you cannot provide all the necessary information, we will not be able to grant your account-to-account transfer request.

At present, there is no ETA on when the website will be back in operation. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Naervhun

Post by Naervhun »

Saburo wrote:It's a lot more than same credit card.

First the name needs to be exactly the same for both. Same address and ZIP etc helps too.

Secondly the new account needs to have exactly the same expansions enabled or higher.

If all of those conditions are met you can simply login on the first account use the rapid transfer and then logout and into the new one.

Wrong

Just paying with the same CC can and will do the trick, the Account info does NOT have to match. The final cost in all is like $ 75 US to move char/with gear to another account.
" If we would have known about this before we would have told you to shove that red pill right up your ass "
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Naervhun wrote:
Saburo wrote:It's a lot more than same credit card.

Wrong

Just paying with the same CC can and will do the trick, the Account info does NOT have to match. The final cost in all is like $ 75 US to move char/with gear to another account.
Then they have changed the process again. When I tried it got rejected the first time because the account I was trying to transfer to was one I had "bought" from another player and as such had his details etc. I changed all the CC info but was not enough and got rejected. So I just used one of the 'free' accounts and followed the guide I got from someone else which I summaried above.
Tenam

Post by Tenam »

Odd. I tried logging in and it says "account closed." for both the to and from accounts for the transfer. It's a bit strange that they didn't send an e-mail saying that they were going to start the transfer now and I would be unable to login or something of that sort.