Addiction...

Moderator: Officers

Kowie

Addiction...

Post by Kowie »

So uh..

I read about the hacking thing of EQ and suddenly I want to play again. Does the addiction never end? * twitches*

When I quit I was a 75 rogue with 1000 aa's and I had just joined Wreckers lol.

Anyway, this is more of just a general thingie

Is there many aussies on, any groupage/grindage in the popular zones or would everyone be raiding?

I've read about mercs but if I wanted a solo game I'd play wow, I wanna come back if groupage still happens.
Nyim

Re: Addiction...

Post by Nyim »

Kowie wrote:When I quit I was a 75 rogue with 1000 aa's and I had just joined Wreckers lol.

Anyway, this is more of just a general thingie

Is there many aussies on, any groupage/grindage in the popular zones or would everyone be raiding?

I've read about mercs but if I wanted a solo game I'd play wow, I wanna come back if groupage still happens.
I have a few toons in the low to mid 70s (see sig) which I can box up to 6 at a time, but absolutely prefer a less stressful boxing experience with 3-4 accounts + mercs which seems more optimal (and even then things sometimes screw up lol).

I'm not in any hurry to level up because I originally quit EQ mid-2004 so the dozen or so expansions since are all brand new content to me, which I really like to explore and enjoy the AA grind. If you don't mind that and can put up with the occasional AFKing due to work demands - I'm on call 24/7 - I'll happily group and indeed prefer to do so...

I'm currently working DODH, TSS and occasionally OOW zones to get my low 70s up to 75ish, then will be switching between TBS and SOF/SOD content. I have "almost" gm spell and tome researchers, though the challenges of hunting for them while doing quests/griding is often more fun.
Nyim 75 Bard | Gerault 72 Cleric | Myist 75 Enchanter | Beldor 75 Wizard | Cylevan 72 Ranger
Rydell 73 Rogue | Ayriss 72 Magician | Harmal 75 Shaman | Teov 75 Druid | Imhar 71 Beastlord
Borisk 70 Warrior | Tyirell 69 SK | Kysiera 70 Cleric | Silvah 66 Monk | Nmeena 70 Necro
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Hi there Kowie,

We absolutely have a strong collection of Australians playing. On an average day there would be at least 20+ people online.

While a lot of our members are level 90 there are always people playing lower level alt characters.

Given that you are level 75 with 1000AA, a few quick levels and you would be capable of grabbing some of the gear from the new expansion (80+). This equipment is a stepping stone (if you don't have lots of Platinum) to the next Tiers. Here is your visible armour from House of Thule.
Kowie

Post by Kowie »

:O huge upgrades, i remember 300hp items being tops.

Can't wait.. I'll definately need to get a new weapon as I never got my 2.0 (lazy)

Cant wait till servers are back up! I'll download the game via torrents I think so its quicker to patch/install - can you connect to the patch servers with the hacking issues that are going on?

I also want tolevel a new char, experience the content. Probably a monk. Or shaman. Or beastlord. Or bezerker. Or paladin

:O
Nyim

Post by Nyim »

Kowie wrote::O huge upgrades, i remember 300hp items being tops.
Heh... for me raid gear was 150hp/mana/end tops (GOD era)
Kowie wrote:can you connect to the patch servers with the hacking issues that are going on?
Nope, no login = no patch.
Nyim 75 Bard | Gerault 72 Cleric | Myist 75 Enchanter | Beldor 75 Wizard | Cylevan 72 Ranger
Rydell 73 Rogue | Ayriss 72 Magician | Harmal 75 Shaman | Teov 75 Druid | Imhar 71 Beastlord
Borisk 70 Warrior | Tyirell 69 SK | Kysiera 70 Cleric | Silvah 66 Monk | Nmeena 70 Necro
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

Kowie wrote::O huge upgrades, i remember 300hp items being tops.

Can't wait.. I'll definately need to get a new weapon as I never got my 2.0 (lazy)

Cant wait till servers are back up! I'll download the game via torrents I think so its quicker to patch/install - can you connect to the patch servers with the hacking issues that are going on?

I also want tolevel a new char, experience the content. Probably a monk. Or shaman. Or beastlord. Or bezerker. Or paladin

:O
If you had said Cleric there would have been a resounding cheer from the Wreckers ranks, that's if you were planning to Raid anyway.

Either way we look forward to your return.