VoA launch

Moderator: Officers

Artreth

Post by Artreth »

I think they nerfed HOT EXP because they didn't want folks leveling in HoT, they wanted everyone to get into VOA, so although retronerfing is generally stupid, it was done for a reason. And personally I hate their reasoning, as rather than everyone in other guilds grinding to 95 in their oldschool fav zones, they were busting out in VOA zones, making questing that much harder.
Adun

Post by Adun »

I am one sixth of the way through Skyrim for the past few weeks.

The graphics are like Oblivion/Knights of the Nine/The Shivering Isles.

The quest interface/HUD is a little more complicated but at least you can dual wield now. I haven't played a caster so not sure if they can dual wield.

It is basically one big playground in the ice mountains of Skyrim, and there are parts of it that have lush valleys, fauna and flora.

It runs well on my old Quad Core 2.2 Ghz, Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, only 4 GB RAM with one Geforce 280 GTX no SLI.
Artreth

Post by Artreth »

Yeah, Skyrim is just the next instalment to Oblivion with a few extra perks.

Im running a hybrid in my second time through the game ... at lv7 elf, running a Orcish Mace (fine), and fire blast in my offhand ... great for the DPS, but I die quickly against Giants, or the ice dudes in labyrinth.

Game runs well on my Quad Core 2.2 ghz, Windows 7 Ultimate, 4GB RAM, and 9800 GTX SLi.

New PC I Am looking at gonna be nice =P.

Intel i7 2600 3.4 Ghz Quad Core
6GB RAM (going to up that to 12)
nVidia 1GB GTX560Ti (x2 for SLi Goodness)
Zalman Z9 Plus Gaming Case
650w Zalman PSU (but probably going to scrap that for my current Seventeam 750w PSU)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

32GB SSD for Windows
32GB SSD for EQ + the few other games I play

Total Cost of $1291 =D
Saburo

Post by Saburo »

I'm a sword and boarder, light armour mostly stealthy. I also rock the bow for ranged attacks. The only spell I cast is close wounds (all the mana I have to cast it once).

Shit trembles before my might.

Adun: Yes you can dual wield spells. In fact if you cast both at the same time they join together to form one super spell cast. It's fun but it drains mana like a bitch.

I'm getting ready to do another run through but this time around I'm not going to head out into the world until I hit 100 smithing/alchemy and enchanting. I got into the whole tradeskills thing a bit late (mid 40's) and it's a long way through levels in the 50's so getting the perks to go nuts on tradeskills is slow.
Adun

Powerful PVP

Post by Adun »

That is good to know that casters can actually dualcast spells - not that the dual wield ability is much use to arcanists and priests.

I never see them melee when I was on Rift and WOW for the PVP. My warrior with titan grip - wielding 2-handers in each hand still get owned, and I can see why when I was on my Shadow Priest - a cleric with necro-arcane spells, nuking like a wizard, dots like a necro, and heals like a cleric. It is overpowered but the other classes have killshot abilities and spells, too.

Seems like a priest with high mana pool can last almost indefinitely in PVP. If there is a large mana pool on the Skyrim caster then those dual nukes combining to one massive DD or AE is the definition of the most powerful, legendary wizard you would see on Everquest that usually steals aggro, and tanks for a few seconds before being rescued or dead - oftentimes the latter.
Saburo

Re: Powerful PVP

Post by Saburo »

Adun wrote:If there is a large mana pool on the Skyrim caster then those dual nukes combining to one massive DD or AE is the definition of the most powerful, legendary wizard you would see on Everquest that usually steals aggro, and tanks for a few seconds before being rescued or dead - oftentimes the latter.
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3cwNFvROcqA?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

It's not the most descriptive video, there are plenty more going into detail on how to do it. But the idea is you enchant your armour to have reduced mana cost. The more pieces you equip reduce your mana cost to 0. Dual cast yourself to victory.

The sad part is however that spells in Skyrim stop being effective after about level 40. They don't scale up so your big nuke isn't going to do much to a level 60 dragon.