anyone got any ideas???

Moderator: Officers

aethgar

anyone got any ideas???

Post by aethgar »

havent been able to log in im getting the following off of launchpad: The instruction at 0x0469750e referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. the memory could not be read. Ok wtf does this mean and how the fucking hell do i fix it am still tryin shit at this end but could use some advice
Aedryen

Post by Aedryen »

Means the CPU is trying to read some memory and is failing....tried rebooting it?
Aedryen -The Everdying Druid
Civin - The Purple Bard
Nevyen - No-one...

Retired: Fladora, Healior
Nescafe

Post by Nescafe »

Any other computer issues showing up ?
Recall installing any new software/updates ?
Hardware errors?

My personal first step would be to look at Windows event log, then download a new launchpad and let it patch itself see how it goes. If that didn't work I would then start some hardware tests like a memtest and chkdsk

Post by Nescafe »

Oh yeah... That'd be after a reboot lol

Post by curtis »

Likely to be totally unrelated, but shut everything else down.

I am getting the same issue whenever i start EQ with teamspeak already running. I can start eq then teamspeak, but not the other way around.

Most of my issues are casued by cooling though, it's time to crack open the laptop and clean out the dusta gain...dead giveaway when i have memory issues or driver crashes.
aethgar

Post by aethgar »

swapped out my monitor didnt think that would affect it ill look into it ty
biliy

Post by biliy »

ok i know i am guna sound daft but i "think" i got something similar when i accidentaly hit "alt enter" (on my second pc) which pushed teh screen into some wierd thing, lost my EQ session and when i tried ot log back in i got a message that sounds awfully similar. I coudnlt log in at all and kept getting the same message when i tried to open an EQ session. Bascially i thought i had borked it somehow.

I really am not a computer person (Curtis and Jowdii will attest to that!!), but trial and error is somthing i handle ok. After a few failed logins, i tried a few things including setting the resolution in the option/setting thing to my screen size or lower (cant rem exactly) and bingo, i got EQ back albeit the wrong size, i was then able to resize it in game. The new patcher does things slightly diff than the old, so i think its adv setting when you get the login page (btm left side)?

Really sorry if this is complete BS, but someone who knows wtf i have just described might be able to help you further if its the same kind of thing.

/shrug, just trying to be helpful.

Hope you win soon mate
amadeas

Post by amadeas »

Could always try and set up a session of teamviewer with one of the more knowledgeable people to see if it could be sorted out maybe.

http://www.teamviewer.com
aethgar

Post by aethgar »

TY for the help everyone finally got it fixed. deleted eq launcher an all
repatched an it worked then maps were wiped hot keys etc..fixed that and
seems to be all good.