Notes on WK1, and adding 10 years to your life.

Moderator: Officers

Riviera

Notes on WK1, and adding 10 years to your life.

Post by Riviera »

Hi friends,

I am gone till April 15 basically. I need complete 40 hours of continuing education between now n march 31, plus after that I need do my own and my partners taxes (personal and business), which include complex tax planning and returns.

That asside, let me assure you I wish I were there with you.

I discovered that gaming adds years to our lives from some reputable research. I dont know of any easy way to share this but to suggest you get a free netflix account if you dont already own one, and find the browse button and type in TED.

The chapters are kinda motivational (non religious) in nature designed and told by speakers who are successful in those areas. I know you have no reason to trust me on this, but the second or third video season 1 program 2 or 3, is one about gaming, and how it can add years to your life. I was awestruck and think its something every gamer should have in their arsenal to respond to those people who say.

What are you going to do when you are a old person and discover you wasted time playing games? Wont you want that time back? The answer to that is simply so powerful and incredible you will never again feel guilty for playing Everquest or any game for that matter.

I am so sad I cannot be there to join you in the amazing guild adventure Wreckers is. I love each and every member and this is a gift. I have no agenda or care if you like or dislike me. I just ask for that tiny bit of faith it takes to watch about 20 minute speech by a rather attractive lady, talking about gaming and the things it adds to our lives.

[Enchanter Only Tech talk]
Aside from that Orb/Verc I dearly want to be next to you two this next couple of weeks. (non enchanters dont need read this paragraph) I just wanted to share with you that single enchanters seem to do better on WK1. I had never lost one till the other night as single chanty. I have lost about 3 or 4 with other chantys. I also note that single chantys beside me have the same experience of winning while alone. Here is my theory why. Some mobs are stunable and not mezable, some mobs are mezable and not stunable, and some mobs are neither stunable or mezable. Often when doing the event alone, as an enchanter we do what works in groups, we cast stun, and then mez then stun, then mez then maybe a couple of ae mezes etc. This is better than just stun or just mez because it affects more creatures, and our timers are in synch, and while we do indeed wake our mezed mobs with the dmg part of the stun the mez timer is ready and boom re mez. It is true that sometimes players will break mez, but that isnt the core problem. The core problem is if you have two enchanters casting stun and mez, we end up waking the others mobs up which are mezed with the dmg part of stun but as quite often happens the other chanter casts stun on its heels then decides to slacker or remote stun, never realizing he or she is leaving mez only mobs awake. To restate the obvious, the reason is this. our stuns have two components. dmg and stun. Some creatures immune to the stun are not immune to the dmg. Thus are awoke. When we do this alone, single chanter, we follow our stun with a mez on its heals because the timer is immediately available. But, it is impossible to have this synchronisity with 2 enchanters, thus some mobs are awoke from mez, and not mezed immediately because the stun / mez rhythm is lost that a single chanter has. Thus two solutions. A. use only one chanter, other chanter is rebuff, and dps till chanter A falls and then chanter B or C jumps in and keeps the baddies down. or parked as some say. Solution 2, All chanters pb mez and distance slacker, and only use remote color away from the flag area. More complicated, but would allow all chanters to be involved. If more than 2 chanters perhaps use one to punt a couple off the flag till the first ones down, yet its weaker than single chanty due to the stuns not being used and thus some mobs immune to mez never getting parked. bad mojo. Thus imho, its always best to have a single chanty on primary stun mez duty at flag. With super fast recast speeds of these spells it would be impossible to do a timing chant like healers do since lag and other game mechanics would muck things up in a hurry.
[End of chanter only gobbldy gook]

Last idea on wk1, the perfect guild idea, that isnt worth trying since people come and go too much and play off and on too much. Chanters/rangers/bards/pallys memorize names of mezables and stunables and neitherables. mez the mezable ones, with long term mez 72 seconds or so), rangers punt the stunable ones. and root them far off (non rootable, remote stuns). Guild assist is in full assist, no messing about, and kill off each one at a time. Of course wardens must die first so melee dps etc needs kill those first by any means. CC of rangers and enchanters bards and pallys would park the others without using pb spells but single cast, long term solutions, thus allowing the full force of guild to knock them down boom boom boom boom. etc.

The last wave with a load of baddies, pull them all to flag, enchanters, bards druids use all caster specials like illusions of grander, third spire, black wolf, and stun mez and park them there and dps just use every ae spell in the book and knock them down in one quick poof of smoke.

Then recover on the big last guy, and fight him nose to nose, standing right up close to him, with measured dps, and wait for specials to recover and burn him around 15 percent, in last fury of dps.

Dont forget to test TED vids on netflix, the second or third one in season one is about how gaming can add 10 years to your life.

Riviera

An old timer that does believe in magic and its power over all of us.