Server Merge Info

Moderator: Officers

curtis

Server Merge Info

Post by curtis »

With the Imminent merging of tholuxe Paells and The Rathe, I expect a few TA people might head this way to see what these new Aussies are about.

In essence we are very similar to you. We are casual raiders (3 times a week). Fortunately our raid nights do not conflict with yours at all.

We do not believe in rotations, and have opposed them since they were first brought to Tholuxe Paells in 2001. Wreckers played a large part in seeing Rotations scrapped on TP. This policy will continue.

It is my hope that our 2 guilds can co-exist peacefully. Time will tell if this is possible as separate entities. Regardless, The immediate future for us all is uncertain. Many options remain open (guild mergers, server moves, alliances, total FFA chaos resulting in guild death).

Lets not be hasty to adopt one path until the new server merger settles down a bit
TadeshaN

Post by TadeshaN »

Who is this TA you speak of? Went looking and couldn't find any guilds on The Rathe with that name... Could of course just be Tade being blonde.
Angelsheart

Post by Angelsheart »

refer to the other merger link
its short for Terror-Australis
curtis

Post by curtis »

Tade is not in Wreckers, so does not have access to the link in the Private forums. :P
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Our New Neighbours

(yeah notice the correct spelling :)
TadeshaN

Post by TadeshaN »

Ahh I am much more informed now. I have also noticed that Karana server and Bertox will be merging on 28 April 05. If things go pear shaped for us we may well consider moving to your server The Rathe it will be yes? with our "complimentary move".

Then we would just have to work hard to get to a useful level/flags (of which we have none) etc to actually play with you all!
Sianni

Post by Sianni »

Very little of any interest on the TA boards. Must have private boards also. They don't seem to have made any commentary about the server merge either...
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Maybe they can post here about it..

though in general I feel that people on TP are less board shy than TA. Maybe they had some big board wars early on and just decide not to bother so much now.

Heheh though RTA site has a few good ones :)
Eriand

Post by Eriand »

Greetings to you all Wreckers, Eriand here from Terror Australis, just dropping in say say hello and welcome you to your (soon to be) new home :)
We look forward to seeing you in game and working with you.

P.S. Don't believe you read on the RTA boards, most of them are just trolls!
Master Eriand
70 Bedazzler
Terror Australis
The Rathe
<Retired>
Wolvurene

Post by Wolvurene »

Wolvurene here, Terror Australis officer and monk. See you guys on the 18th for some chaos, I predict. If we act like remoras, we might get some choice bits whilst the sharks all fight it out. :P
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Well for my part we welcome guests on raids and TA are no exception.

however not sure if we can copy with 45 TA guests on the first night :)

Obviously some things will need to be looked at.
Kofn
Site Admin

Post by Kofn »

Greeting Eriand and Wolvurene, thanks for stopping by :)
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Nice to meet you guys - look forward to meeting some more Ausi players - one issue for a lot of our members has been finding offtime groupage - hrrrm may or may not be good with you guys raiding on our off nites - lmao
Aamasie

Post by Aamasie »

Hiya guys,

Looking forward to meeting you'all on TR. :)
Feistt

Post by Feistt »

OMG to many Aussies! We need more Kiwis content! :twisted:

After all we can’t beat you at soccer, rugby, league, cricket and basketball. But we kick your ass at wood chopping :roll:
Eriand

Post by Eriand »

Hey, just for interests sake, I am a Kiwi - and TA has quite a few NZ members. It's a bit of a cow staying up until 2am for the raid to finish (or longer since I end up running a few of them).
Master Eriand
70 Bedazzler
Terror Australis
The Rathe
<Retired>
Aamasie

Post by Aamasie »

Hiya from the other side of the world, I live in the US (we have several US members) and get up at 3am during winters (5am summers) to raid with Wreckers. I have been doing it for 3 years and counting. Sleep? Who needs sleep when there are mobs to kill. :)
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

*hugs* Aam.

Crazy I tell you :roll:
Angelsheart

Post by Angelsheart »

Aam doesnt count now ranjas got autofire which makes them sleep even more :)
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Amm is just crazy :) but its dam nice having her arround :)
Olharb

Post by Olharb »

Hey, we have to hit assist 3-4 times a night. Unless we can get room to hang back 200 meters behind the rest of the raid then we just play blackjack using /ran 11 to deal, bets start at 5pp a hand.

I mean.. we're a hard working part of the raid force! You can't fire me, I quit!
"There's no preparation and no guide, just what you've done before here with your life." -BR
offen

Post by offen »

Hi Wreckers 70 war here from TA lfg in advance, looking forward to grouping and meeting you all when you hit the Rathe.
however not sure if we can copy with 45 TA guests on the first night

Woot zerg force we should combine a raid one night and see how much damage we can do. Seeya on the rathe :)
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

I think our combined raid force might cap the raid limit.

However I guess we could drop bots.. not sure how much two boxing etc you guys do, but we have a few members that induldge to keep things going.

as for LFG. Unless you're guesting on raids, playing during the day on weekends then I think we're all raiding either you guys or us :I
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Well it would be nice to come to some keying arrangement together to say the least - but more grouping options would be good when we arnt raiding - but as things stand could be interesting.

Many of you TA types from WA?
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Also, as you can imagine on a low population server, on australian timezone, with guilds like AN/CF acting all attractive by tearing up EP content and beyond, Wreckers grew good at low number precision kills.

It's not uncommon for the only of a needed class to be botted on a raid.

Now, why the fuck do we have so many rangers? :)