Chanter looking for advice

Moderator: Officers

Fendaren

Chanter looking for advice

Post by Fendaren »

Finally - woot - :shock: - Done it !!!

Well you have asked us to level up - against the grain - but we have done it. Originally sent an application for my 62 Necro (now so close to 64 I can smell it) and 63 Chanter (just a smidge into 65) :D - thank goodness for long weekends.

I have read on other posts about farming of the better gear and that sounds great - I have had alright gear until now but I get punded a bit now and would like to last a bit longer in battle. I am a very stingy bugger when it comes to gear, I hate spending plat - just ask Ten (Tentrix).

My question tho, today, is around AAs. When we get to that elusive 69/70, what should I be saving up for in AA purchases. Are there some that I need along the way which are imperative.

I have already spent points on Run3, Mental Clarity 1, MGB, 9th Spell Slot, Eldritch Rune.

BTW, how quickly do AAs come when we get to 69/70.... I have heard that you can get one in a hour - is this true or a slight exaggeration ?
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

no idea on chanter aas....

but yes...you can get at least one an hour depending on where you exp and what kind of a group you are in...i have done it 6 boxing in riftseekers...and i'm sure with a real group and no bots...they would come even faster....

-Ephyr and bots
zappity

Post by zappity »

scm scs would be fairly high on priorities at start i imagine, not too sure about rest
Tentrix

Post by Tentrix »

My advice is.....

Stop using your wifes internet password at work....and in game, do everything Tentrix wants to do :lol:
"The artist formally known as TENTRIX"
varutia

Post by varutia »

AA is relatively easy to get at higher end of spectrum. As Ephyr mentioned one AA per hour or more is pretty much standard at level 70. Casters have it better off compare to melee, where you really only need your spells to function, good gears help you to survive and function better, but you can still function without them. Where melees are much more gear dependant, this is especially true for the tanks.

As long as you can get steady group, I'd just keep leveling. I am not really familiar with enchanter AA, gather mana would be useful I think.
Mynxi

Post by Mynxi »

For armor I would suggest the Oow quest armor. Most of the action happens in NC and RCoD which will be good exp at your level and also duo'able with Ten. Pieces drop of the same mobs that drop runes and other items so is effcient use of farm time. :)
I am still after drops for my druid and cleric so are happy to show you around.

Quick reference guides: Levels give you lots of bonuses so levels > AA until 70 (or 69 if you really want to start AAing). At 69 you can enter RSS where an AA hour is achievable. A good MPG group can also get close to this too.

As for AA.. looks like you got some good ones already, Eldritch Rune has saved me often. Next I would suggest Spell Casting Subtly for sure. After that maybe Mental Clarity if you need the mana regen. scm would also be good. I personally got the defensive AA fairly early cos I have found I get hit in groups a bit. On raids though I maily nuke and buff so I got the nuke AA too. Gather mana is also good but maybe not used as much as the others I mentioned. Lots of fun stuff. :)

Thinking of Spell Casting Subtly reminds me Treylok got a nice primary weapon in RCoD that reduces tash agro. I think it was one groupable named mob but fairly rare. Should ask him for details.
Mynxi
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Mez duration increase AA's

SCM and SCS are also priorities anything to give you more mana and make your mana pool last longer are way valuable.

MGB rocks also for raid buffing but not essential.

The list goes on
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Item in question rocks for chanters - Stone of Periferous wanting (something like that) its pri or secondary -40% agro on tash very handy
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

stone of perfidious wanting....from some kyv named in the tunnels onthe right as you go up the hill towards granitesmash/tiorpat...

hmm fogot to check mule to see if i have one...must remember to do that...

grouping in MPG is not a bad way to get both great exp at your level adn some faction for OoW quests....about hlaf the mobs (+ depending on camp...i prefer 6 ways camp for this reason) will give you hits for Dranik Loyalist faction (what ya need for quest armors...)

-Ephyr and bots
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

bah maz you beat me on the submit key...

-Ephyr and bots
Tentrix

Post by Tentrix »

Fen gets hit a lot, unfortunately I dont do that well at holding agro in groups, I have 1 hate II aug and both my weapons proc, one procs 2 stuns, but I still have trouble, so of course the mob runs for Fen the first chance it gets :(

We have been working on DoN armour, for the chanter and warrior, do we know how this compairs to OoW armour?
I need to have a look, cause I really feel with the warrior, until I can upgrade gear and get defensive aa's I dont see the point in leveling when I cant group in places that give good exp, cause I am not capable of tanking there.

Of course one option is to send Gol in to tank :) and risk his life every pull instead of mine
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

LMAO - most of the OOW armour isnt that bad. I dont know what we are guna end up doing when we hit Bert - Farming fire for molds for everyone was an option for us on TP but its likely everythings guna be permaraided. Sounds as if we are going to have a lot of toons to kit out again.

We spent some weeks in Fire previously getting 16 drops an evening - will have to see what happens anyways. Tradeskill made stuff doesnt suck that much OOW armour isnt bad - it is better in general than LDON.

DON stuff also isnt bad for the parts you can buy - its on a par with a lot of items.

More Anger augments and anger discs is the way to go for you though - you cant get enough hate
Tentrix

Post by Tentrix »

Yeah, looking at the OoW armour quests, I have the map, so the arm slot, dont have the trash bits required though.
Also need to check my faction, have done a lot of hunting in OoW not sure if I have succeeded in getting the right faction.

I guess the thing I like abour DoN is I get exp while collecting the crystals, with Fen and I boxing through them we get about 130 crystals each mission, then I can buy what i need from the vendor, and sell back when I upgrade. DoN has some nice Aug's and I can always stock up on those +10ac augs :) if nothing else.
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Arms are tasty for most classes - have some unique effects on some of them.
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

you cant' sell back DoN items they way you could with LDON items....

i have a fair number of hte OoW trash bits...let me know what ya need i can help maybe...also easy enough to farm the bits from named once you have the faction...let me know...

and yes...multiboxing DoN missions is a great way to get crystals...i got about 5k 6 boxing them before i got bored....need to do some raid progression events before i go back to doing any more DoN missions...

-Ephyr and bots
Tentrix

Post by Tentrix »

WoW this is the arm slot I have the map for

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=70742

May just have to work on finishing this quest :)
Tentrix

Post by Tentrix »

Ephyr wrote:you cant' sell back DoN items they way you could with LDON items....

-Ephyr and bots
ACK! I have been mis informed ......

I need 2 Ukun Quills to go with my map. Still I am sure I will need faction still, so will work on that for the coming weeks :)
Golgolath

Post by Golgolath »

Tentrix wrote:Of course one option is to send Gol in to tank :) and risk his life every pull instead of mine
Go ahead, I like being a punching bag. I can't promise that a certain pig-tailed little dwarf will survive the pull though...

And considering it's now my mission in life to de-level the gnomes, that may not be the best move :twisted:

/em hates tanking
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

Golgolath wrote:
/em hates tanking
dude....ya picked the wrong class then...

might be a bit late for a reroll though...

-Ephyr and bots
Ephyr

Post by Ephyr »

oh and i do have ukun quills...

-Ephyr and bots
Tentrix

Post by Tentrix »

[quote="Golgolath]/em hates tanking[/quote]

I am sure you will feel better about tanking once u are a little better geared, and given that gnome is my husband, try not to have him killed too many times :)
boonees

Post by boonees »

Ermm you sure about not selling back items in don ? i was absolutely sure i resold an item back a bit ago to a merchant, ie i stuffed up on what i bought.
Boonees 82 necro
Banur 75 cleric
Bazilisk 75 sharman
Tentrix

Post by Tentrix »

boonees wrote:Ermm you sure about not selling back items in don ? i was absolutely sure i resold an item back a bit ago to a merchant, ie i stuffed up on what i bought.
Ohhhh I now feel the need to run out to the DoN merchant and check.
Accerd

Post by Accerd »

The OoW tier armor is better than all my armor that I'm wearing. After Thursday, why not hunt together for armor and spell. Need the spell desperately too.

Accerd
Golgolath

Post by Golgolath »

dude....ya picked the wrong class then...
lol, just a tad....course when I made the paladin I was expecting it to be like every paladin I've ever played in other games. Great dps, excellent healing, great defense. Imagine my surprise :)