hnnnn blacklisting with phpBB?

Moderator: Officers

tsuix

hnnnn blacklisting with phpBB?

Post by tsuix »

I just tried to update my profile to add my new sig and it tells me that it can't because my ip is blacklisted by "badbots@ioerror.us" which is a non existent site :(

It also won't let me post here via my TPG ADSL.

Good thing I still have my cable to flip back to!
tsuix

Post by tsuix »

*bangs head on table*

Seems some mob called SORBS have blacklisted my new ISP's proxy server. Which means that I can't post here when using the ADSL; can't even email them to say "this is an ISP's proxy, you tools". I've emailed my ISP to tell them to remove it... ayup ayup ayup
Bham

Post by Bham »

Im having the same problem. Ever since TPG switched me to ADSL2+.

Ive also e-mailed them trying to get it sorted.

I can only post from work atm...
Mazia

Post by Mazia »

Yeh black lists generally want the ISP to contact them to remove it. Its a major pain in the ass. The mail domain for the department of education over here where I work got black listed once upon a time and after the initial denial that they went through they had to apply to have it removed.
tsuix

Post by tsuix »

Yay! It seems the blacklist has been lifted!
tsuix

Post by tsuix »

And now it's broken again!
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

*sobs* wonder how that happens...

I didn't think the list was so active.
tsuix

Post by tsuix »

Melo is using the server as a spamhaus?
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

How you can be surprised that this board has got associated with spammers I cannot imagine...

1 Mazia 7071 10%
2 Thoraf 4926 7%
3 Turook 3470 5%
4 Micahle 2703 4%
5 Golgolath 2186 3%
6 Melodionxxx 2154 3%
7 Ephyr 2140 3%
8 Aamasie 2093 3%
9 Vexo 1919 3%
10 weolyen 1601 2%

MeloxXx
Olharb

Post by Olharb »

Hrm, seems my blacklisting cleared up with some minor virus/spyware sweeping (sub-300 infections is considered acceptable, right? :D ) and an IP reset. Haven't had any troubles in those departments since a good 2 years back when I got struck with a hilariously entertaining OS hijacking involving changing all the system icons in IE to XXX gifs and an unstoppable app constantly trying to dial a number cross country that billed somewhere in the range of $14/minute as well as a connection fee if you didn't rip the phone cord out of the modem fast enough. Makes me miss my warez days, where every unzipped file was an adventure. Now I'm left trembling at the thought of even visiting reputable sites like hotmail or screaminghorseloads. What's this world coming to?
"There's no preparation and no guide, just what you've done before here with your life." -BR
tsuix

Post by tsuix »

My prob is that TPGI's transparent proxy (which is how the world sees my browser) is blacklisted and the retards are too incompetent to get it fixed permanently. It seems to be working at the moment. Will be interesting to see for how long!
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Olharb wrote:Hrm, seems my blacklisting cleared up with some minor virus/spyware sweeping (sub-300 infections is considered acceptable, right? :D ) and an IP reset. Haven't had any troubles in those departments since a good 2 years back when I got struck with a hilariously entertaining OS hijacking involving changing all the system icons in IE to XXX gifs and an unstoppable app constantly trying to dial a number cross country that billed somewhere in the range of $14/minute as well as a connection fee if you didn't rip the phone cord out of the modem fast enough. Makes me miss my warez days, where every unzipped file was an adventure. Now I'm left trembling at the thought of even visiting reputable sites like hotmail or screaminghorseloads. What's this world coming to?
Do you have a blog somewhere Olharb? You have skillz!
Angelsheart

Post by Angelsheart »

i havent been able to go here at work still.
something about badbots@ioerror.us and proxies
Angelsheart

Post by Angelsheart »

Error 400
We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for / on this server.

Your proxy server sent an invalid request. Please contact the proxy server administrator to have this problem fixed.

Your technical support key is: 3ce3-a7b7-b783-0251

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact badbots at ioerror.us and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.
Melodionxxx

Post by Melodionxxx »

Vexo wrote:Do you have a blog somewhere Olharb? You have skillz!
Yah, an Olly blog would be splendid

MeloxXx
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

Had a play with removing sorbs from the blacklist list... or something.. give it a go :)