Cranberry and brown sugar mojitos

For fun and adventure

Moderators: Miruwin, Officers

Nuviana

Post by Nuviana »

The perfect Christmassy cocktail – crisp, with a warming brown-sugar- rum glow. Lovely finished with a grating of nutmeg.
10 limes, each cut into 8 wedges

Ingredients
200g frozen cranberries, (see note)
Small bunch of mint, leaves picked
10 tbs demerara or raw sugar
A big bag of ice
2 cups (500ml) good-quality dark rum
1L (4cups) soda water

Step 1
Prepare each glass with a wedge of lime, a few cranberries, a pinch of mint leaves and 1 tbs demerara sugar. You can do all of this before hand and store the glasses in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.

Step 2
Use a cocktail muddler (or, if you don’t have one, the end of a rolling pin) to gently squash the lime, cranberries and mint together in the glass, until all of the juice has been pressed out and the sugar starts to dissolve.

Step 3
Take the bag of ice out of the freezer, then cover with a tea towel and give it a good bash with a rolling pin until it’s all crushed. Fill each glass with the ice.

Step 4
Pour 50ml rum into each glass and top up with soda water. Use a stirrer to swizzle the whole lot together, so the rum and all the goodness at the bottom gets thoroughly mixed. Serve with sprigs of mint.
Nuv

Because i am
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

thanks for the post. mojito's always sounded cool but I don't like rum :)
Nuviana

mojitos

Post by Nuviana »

You could prolly substitute bourb
Nuv

Because i am
biliy

Post by biliy »

yum, will try over the Christmas break Nuvi
Ta
Newt

Post by Newt »

Thoraf wrote:thanks for the post. mojito's always sounded cool but I don't like rum :)
My wife (and many stateside) use vodka in lieu of rum. I love rum but with the glucose score, beer, red wine and scotch for me nowadays.
Thoraf
Site Admin

Post by Thoraf »

thanks for the tip newt :)
Nescafe

Post by Nescafe »

Thoraf wrote:thanks for the post. mojito's always sounded cool but I don't like rum :)
I have never been a rum fan and only ever drank it when it was free, but when making mixed drinks rum actually mixes well to get a nice full flavor

Post by Kiizze »

MMMM scotch

Kiiz