cheap parmesiana

For fun and adventure

Moderators: Miruwin, Officers

Verydane

cheap parmesiana

Post by Verydane »

its not really called cheap parmesiana but its a fitting name when you check the ingrediants, but the flavor is out of this world. Me and my dad found this recipe out simply by experimentation iwth basic Chicken Fingers you buy at the local grocery store. Yeah, the kind you fry in a skillet or a pan and then chow down on with some ketchup or something.
Check it.

Ingredients
1 bag of chicken fingers,( yeah the frozen kind lol, or it might be called pre-breaded chicken strips. Dunno)
1 jar of ragu pizza quick sauce
1 bag of any sort of Pizza cheese( the sort you find in a diary section of your grocery store in the zip-lock seal bags )
Generous amount of Parmesian cheese

Now first you need to cook the chicken fingers, yes the same way you do it whenever you intend to eat it as is. Not until they are crispy or anything, but until they are well yanno, done. Then out a big enough caserole dish to hold a single layer of chicken fingers, but it needs to be tall enough to compensate for cheese.

Now Preheat your oven to Bake, 400 degrees.

Now in your caserole dish, lay flat your desired amount of chicken fingers, then sprinkle generously the chicken fingers with a coat of parmesian cheese. Not a huge amount but one which covers at least portions of every finger.

After you have done this, empty out the entire jar of pizza quick sauce, make sure it is evenly spread through the dish. And as a final touch, coat the entirety of the dish with the pizza cheese. Make this one generous, you might end up using the entire bag, unless it is a small dish or a small helping and then be sensible about it.

Once this is done, place into your preheated oven and bake, until the cheese is melted. Once melted remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes, maybe more.

This should come out very nice, unless you didnt cook it right and if you did shame on you! Because this is one of Verydane's favorite recipes, now try it or imma whomp ya with a soup spoon. And I explained it perfectly, so no excuses!

Verydane
Muah! :oops:
Miruwin

OMG

Post by Miruwin »

Umm sorry to say this Very - but this sounds like heart attack in a baking dish - do it the right way

Get a couple of chicken breasts, cut through the breast lengthwise but do not cut all the way through. Fill the cavity with a slice of mozzarella cheese and place in a baking dish. Cover with a good instant spaghetti sauce and sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on top. Bake at around 220C for around 30-40 mins or until done.

Chicken parmagiani traditionally has a slice of leg ham with the cheese. Normally, once the chicken breast is stuffed, it is laced back up with string and lightly coated in egg and breadcrumbs then fried to seal the little parcel prior to baking. Additionally, sliced black olives should be sprinkled over the top then the parmesan cheese. However I prefer not to do the breadcrumbs and frying to cut down on the fat content

One breast per person is ample - if they are very large chicken breasts, they can serve two people. Serve with some nice whole oven baked potato (skin on). Take a large washed potato and prick it a couple of times with a fork - I prefer the Colibans for this - wrap in foil and bake on a baking sheet in the oven around 45 minutes. Serve with a simple tossed salad of lettuce tomato and onion with a light sprinkle of balsamic vinegar.
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Verydane

heh

Post by Verydane »

well this is why I called it cheap parmesiana. It only works with best with the chicken fingers, and only pizza quick sauce. We have tried this with Spaghetti Sauce, prego and ragu and other types, but the results arent the same and it doesnt have the very much italian flavor of the Chicken Parmesian. And yes it might be slightly fattening to some degree, but its an italian type dish, and well most italian dishes arent known for being lean or diety. All about the flava lol. Your way sounds a bit pricier too, and alot more effort. Mine is a quick and easy way to cook dinner for an entire family with least effort, buck, and still hold maximum flavor. Works well if you accompany it with some home-made fettucinni alfredo or some garlic bread. Murr =)