Refreshing Lime Cordial

For fun and adventure

Moderators: Miruwin, Officers

Miruwin

Refreshing Lime Cordial

Post by Miruwin »

This is all my own work and discovered by me in a moment of desperation. It was hot, I was thirsty, had nothing cold to drink except water, wanted something with flavour.

1. Turn the kettle on to boil
2. Put 3 Tablespoons of sugar into a bottle, jar, glass, anything really.
3. Pour just enough boiling water over the sugar to cover it then stir vigorously and dissolve as much sugar into the water as you can.
4. Add around 1 tablespoon of Lime Squeeze (can use Lemon Squeeze too) (these are small bottles of concentrated juice used in cooking and normally stored in the fridge once opened)
5. Mix well
6. Pour a big glassfull of cold water and add as much of the mixture as you want. (quantity here is about enough for 2 normal sized water glasses)

I am currently trying to figure out the recipe for making this in bulk so that it can be stored in the fridge for use as required.

It is very similar in taste to that frightfully expensive English imported Lime cordial as used by the pubs.

I reckon you could make up 1 bottle of lime squeeze to around 350-400grm sugar. This concentrate should be enough for at least 20 normal sized drinks.

Will report back when I figure out the quantities.

Miruwin
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Twofisted

Post by Twofisted »

LoL, No offense, But in America this is called Limeade, or Lemonade, everyone makes it, specially with fresh lemons and limes. It is a nice refreshing drink. Try adding some Vodka to it. Yummm

Twofisted
Miruwin

Post by Miruwin »

The poiint is Two that yes I know how to make lemonade or limeade from fresh lemons or limes but I didnt have any. I did have these bottles of concentrate for cooking etc and so I mucked around and worked out a use.
Miruwin

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.